Saturday, February 18, 2012

Words of Wisdom

Last week I happened to run into an old friend of mine whom I had not seen in a long time.  Just so happens that her ex is the guy who bought our old Milky Way coffee equipment.  What with the recession and all, he apparently left the cart and equipment covered and untouched in his garage.  A beautiful commercial espresso machine, two grinders, cash register, and all little delicates that go along with the trade (hand tamps, pitchers, espresso cups... my heart is beating faster).

"Do you think he'd want to sell the stuff back to us?" I asked, trying to disguise the excitement in my inquiry.

"Ummm, yeah," she replied, as if it was a no-brainer.  YES.  I had to get home and tell Jay.

I told my husband about our encounter across the dinner table that night.  Jason was very, very interested... adding a few other recent events that are too serendipitous to have been circumstance.  As we sat pondering, my daughter pointed her finger at Jason and stated, very matter-of-factly:

"See, God WANTS us to have a coffee shop."

No comments:

Post a Comment