Sunday, March 4, 2012

Yup, I'm happy




Wow. I experienced a little coffee nirvana this afternoon. I decided to take a drive out to Chazzano Coffee in Ferndale, and was beyond pleased. I went in hopes of meeting Frank, the owner, and hopefully talk shop about roasting and coffee in general. Frank however was not to be found today. Turns out he was spending the day with family, but that didn't stop me from spending some time at the shop hanging with the staff while enjoying an absolutely fantastic americano made with some Ethiopian Sidamo and buying a few pounds of green beans. Although Chazzano is primarily a roaster, there is a nice espresso bar with seating for only about a dozen or so people. This afternoon during my visit, a young musician was singing and playing guitar, something you wouldn't expect on a Sunday afternoon. Absolutely wonderful. 

 I have already roasted up my Honduran Santa Rosa, and within a few days will do the Nicarauan Jinotega. 

I cannot say enough great things about my entire experience today. The space, the people, the product... I will definitely be frequenting Chazzanos as often as possible, and suggest you head there as well. Hey, I have an idea, let's meet there soon for a coffee. What say you?

3 comments:

  1. 2 blocks from my house... meet you there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For real! I can't wait to get down there myself. Jay was practically glowing from his visit! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for coming in to Chazzano Coffee! It was great to meet you and your family.

    ReplyDelete