Thursday, March 22, 2012

Caffeine Super Hero

Coffee Junkies, UNITE!

(Picture a superhero team of jittering, shaking, super-caffeine-charged muscle men and women in brightly colored unitards clanking their cafe-stained mugs in a rally call to go forth and fight.... um...  caffeine withdrawl?)

I'm feeling like that superhero right now, sipping the end of my iced coffee... the beans for which I roasted last night.  Peruvian Fair Trade Organic... city roast.  Yum.

Why, you ask, do I feel this way?  Because we were ON the LIST!  Yeah, I'm not sure how much clout that actually earned us.  BUT, a coffee blogger out there who seems to have some kind of clout in this crazy underground world (at least he has sponsors on his web page) INCLUDED us as eighth on his list of must read coffee blogs.

Yeah, I'm cool like that.  (And when I say "me," what I really mean is "we.")

Not to mention that we sold out of ALL our coffee last week (shhhhhh... this is a clandestine operation... just friends sharing coffee with friends.  winky wink)  One of our friends who has a really delicate palate, and has been ordering twenty-something-ish dollars a pound Italian espresso... really liked our French Roast!  Of course, I don't remember what kind of beans they were.  I think Ethiopian.  We are working on setting up a database so we can "remember" what our friends like best, and of course, what they abhor.

Hey, any tech friends want to write a FB app like the Friend Wheel... only for coffee preference?  I won't take a cut of the profit, as long as you let us use it for free and name it "Caffeine Junkee."  Mmmmkay?

All right, super coffee junkee- out.

1 comment: